A facilitation template outlines the details and order of the co-design activities for facilitators’ reference during the session. It can contain the following information for each activity:
- How long it takes
- Format - e.g. individual activity, small group activity, or with the whole group.
- Step by step instructions
- Materials and tools needed
- Arrangement of the physical space
- Links to any online documents or templates
- Any extra instructions or tips to support facilitators
Keep track of all the moving parts during the session
Co-design sessions can be chaotic with a lot of things happening at once. It can be helpful for all facilitators to have one central document that contains all the details of the session.
Structure for planning
Co-design welcomes contributions to planning and facilitation by anyone who wishes to take part, whether they have previous experience or not. The template linked below provides a structure to help facilitators develop their own activities and consider all the details. This template can also help with planning your co-design sessions.
You can use the following template as a starting point to creating your facilitation plan.