A template that you can use to create a letter inviting co-designers to participate in your project. This template provides sample text and can be adapted for use based on the context of your project and participant needs. You may wish to communicate the content verbally or in another form that works best for your participants.
It can be helpful to use a template as a starting point in order to customize your own invitation.
Invitation letter template
Use this template as a starting point to create an invitation letter for your project.
We are looking for people who would be interested in participating in a [in-person or remote] working session to help design the [outcome] that will be a part of the [project name]. The co-design session(s) will include taking part in collaborative design activities with other participants.
This project aims to [describe the aim of the project]. Using a co-design process, we want to help gather and understand participants’ needs, and to develop and refine design ideas towards the creation of [project outcome].
The session(s) will take place on [time and date of co-design].
Please note the following.
- Participation in the co-design session is voluntary. Your relationship with your organisation will not be impacted by whether you say yes or no.
- You can withdraw from the session at any time, even after it has started. This will not impact your relationship with your organization.
- You may be asked about your personal experience about [insert topics here]. If you are uncomfortable sharing any of these experiences, you do not have to take part in the activities or discussion. You do not have to provide a reason for not participating or withdrawing from the activity and discussion.
- You will be compensated for your participation at [insert rate here]. Even if you do not complete the session in its entirety, this rate will not change.
- In order to participate, you will need [technological device] and/or [software installed].
- Provide information about how you will protect the privacy of your co-designers. Make sure this is consistent with your consent form.
- Provide information about who will own the contributions that come out of co-design. Make sure this is consistent with your contributor license agreement.
- Provide any ethics policy information
- If you have approved IRB/REB, include the application number here
About the organization
- This co-design activity is undertaken in partnership with [partner organization(s) name] [partner organizations’ website URL]
- If you have any questions or complaints about the process at any time they should be directed to [contact person] [contact person contact information]
How to register
- If you are interested in participating please provide your contact details and we will register you for the session. If you require more information contact [contact person and/or contact info].